• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remove stock NB block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caeberos

As the title states i want to remove my stock NB block, and use some thermal adhesive to attach a larger one.

I have a gigabyte GA-7VRXP and i have removed the clips or atleast as far as i can, and the block seems to be attached to the board by some type of adhesive, I tried to remove it through brute force, but stopped whien it seems somthing would tear off. How can I remove the block?

i know you can put vid cards in the freezer to get the block off, but is this safe on a mother board, or is there some better way?

is it really safe to put a video card in the freezer to get the heatsink off?i want to take off the heatsink on my geforce2mx but it seems to be glued on and i dont know how to take it off without damaging my card.

isnt there a solvent for the epoxy? and yes it is safe to put a grphx card in the freezer just leave it for 2 hours and use a credit card to pry the corner up and snap it off then put it in a plastic bag to thaw so it wondt gather condensation.

well, after some doing i managed to pry my nb cooler off with just a credit card and a screwdriver. Praying it sill works i now must finish modding my case for water cooling :D

Sorry this is kinda late but, if you take a hair dryer and hold it on the any heatsink you are trying to get off for like 5 seconds it will come right off.lol,sorry im late

Back