• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best OCing BIOS for...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can find the latest bios here.

Most of the time the latest is always the best but unless there are changes you need in the latest bios and the current one you are using is ok, no need to flash.

Last edited:
Those BIOSes are based off of K7S5A mobos, not PC Chips. Even though the boards are similiar, the BIOSes aren't always compatible. I once installed one of Cheepo's K7S5A BIOSes bc it was based off of the SiS 735 chipset on my PC Chips mobo. When I tried later on in the year to install an updated K7S5A BIOS by Cheepo, my BIOS became corupt bc it wasn't compatible. Can anyone verify that those BIOS work on a SiS 735 M830 mobo. If so, I'll go and install one. But I don't want to take any risks.

From what I read Pc Chips and ECS are one and the same and the 830lr and K7S5A are the same board, I could be wrong.

You should go to the ocworkbench forum where Cheapoman is a moderator and ask him.

I don't want you to track me down and take my bios chip if it doesn't work.;)

UPDATE!
I found this on ocworkbench

Q24: I know that the PCChips 830 LR is the same board as the k7s5a. Can I use Chfsb with a PCChips board/bios?

A: The current version of Chfsb doesn't have support for the PCChips board, but it could be easily added if any user would do the testing. Please contact us. In general, using a PCChips bios on the K7s5a is not recommended. While the latter bios versions seem to be ok, there were reports from users that 'fried' their ECS boards with earlier versions of the PCChips bios. Anyway, if you have a specific issue with your board that only a PCChips bios can solve, please contact us and we'll try and find a solution for you.

Last edited:
Ah cool. Thanks 7key for the info. Just to be sure I'll post on OCWb on which of those BIOSes to pick. I won't be the one doing the testing though for the newer BIOSes since my BIOS isn't expendable. lol But I do appreciate the advice. Thanks again. If I find any new info I'll post it just incase someone in the future has the same question.

Back