• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Soltek overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KingK@zor

Registered
Soltek75FRN2-L
Barton 2500+
512 MB Samsung PC3200
Volcano 9 at 3500 rpm

Vcore 1.80v
AGP 1.70v
VDIMM 2.8v
vdd 1.8v

Seems my Barton2500+ has it´s sweet stable spot at around 2300mhz and with idle temps at 39 and full load temps at 52

The settings I have with prime95 working for 3 hours is these:

10*230=2300mhz
10.5*220=2310mhz
11*210=2310mhz
11,5*200=2300mhz

Tested all these settings with SisoftSandra and since the only score that changes is the mem score att lower multiplier the 10*230 seems to be the smartest choice.

Didn´t really think my Samsungs would make it to 230 but I´m glad they did

I´m a beginner at this so i´m not 100% sure all these Volt settings and temps are ok but the cpu runs fine and have done so for the last couple of days

I tried 9.5*240 but that was not a speed my samsungs wanted to run at :)

Better cooling,ram and higher volts and maybe the 250 fsb would be a possibility..

Wow, 230 fsb is very good, pushing the memory to 2.8v, might cause intability, I dont know how you are going to reach 250 mhz with those samsung chips. What vid card are you running with, I heard that pushing the AGP voltage could be harmful to some cards? Another thing, what are the steppings for your barton, Im getting mine tomorrow...i hope it can do 2.5 Ghz.

My steppings

I have a AQXEA 0324 stepping

My vidcard is an GeforceFX5600 clocked to 380/679

Haven´t notice any instability yet but lowered the Vdimm to 2.7 and everything seems to working fine. Also lowered the agp to 1.6v without any problems. Thanks for the hint about agp volts. Didn´t know that

My problem

One important thing is probably to get better colling to the northbridge and some cooling to the southbridge to get great fsb speeds.. I have read many threads about that so I´m going shopping some stuff to fix that right now.

very nice overclock, i have the same board, but unfortunately mine refuses to be 100% stable at 200fsb. you're absolutely right, most of what i have seen of the soltek boards is that the northbridge cooling is alittle less than adequate. the base of the sink could use a good lapping, apply some real thermal paste, etc etc...

my southbridge however has always been fairly cool to the touch.. now the voltage regulators/chips by the processor.. that is another story - those things are hot!

John

Well, some of the soltek nforce2 nb have a heatsink and fan that runs at good temperatures, it's better than some Epox nforce2 boards where a nb heatsink is placed with no fan, the southbridge should have a heatsink in every nforce2 board.

I am in the middle of dreaming up something for the southbridge, unfortunately its in a tight little spot and i don't think anything is that small may have to use my dads machine shop adn make something for the southbridge.

Wow to the overclock on the board!

you must have really good ram chip and the things that matter.
You are one of the lucky.

keep us posted on anything in the near future.

:)

I just ordered another Barton 2500+ setup
Barton 2500+
Abit nf7
Radeon 9500 non pro (hopefully modable)
2*256 twinmos pc3200 winbond
same cooling and same 400W powersupply as the soltek setup

Will try this setup against the Soltek one and see which to keep, will be selling one of them.

Will post results here when i´m done

Got my new stuff today...

Radeon 9500 memory is L-shaped (Hopefully Moddable) and the Barton chip is
AQXEA 0327 So my hopes are high for this setup :)

Will post info when I get things running..

Back