• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installing SK-7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazy smurf

Registered
Does anyone have any experience installing a fan on top of an SK-7 heatsink?? They gave me these brackets but I don't know how to use these things... I have a smart fan II if that makes any difference

I actually just removed that setup from my processor (replaced it with an SLK-900).

At the four corners of the heat sink the base extends out slightly, and in each corner there are small vertical holes -- these are for the clips. You want the largest pair of clips. They'll actually slightly too small but you can stretch them enough to get 'em to fit. Basically once you get the two clips into the holes (easily the hard part) just slap the fan on and the nubs of the clip (the part near the top where it bends back in) will set in the four holes on the fan, though you'll kind of have to stretch the clips up over the lip of the fan.

Well, that's the best I can describe it without a picture. Hope that helps.

One more thing: when you put the clips in the holes on the bottom of the heat sink they go in from the bottom (hence why the ends are hook shaped)

labotamy jack, is there a reason you changed your setup from the sk7 to the slk 900?

Back