• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

want a 1/2" ID tubing system, most components 3/8"... bleh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xymurgy

Hi, thanks for reading.

I've started building my first WC rig, using a White Water, Hydor L30, Bayres, and Black Ice Micro II (which hasn't come in yet).

Question is about the connections. It's generally accepted that 1/2" ID tubing is best for WC rigs, but it turns out most/all my barbs are 1/2" OD. While this is fine for the White Water, I'd prefer 5/8" OD barbs (1/2" ID) to maximize waterflow. So now my question is whether or not the conversion is as straight forward as I hope it will be. Namely going into Home Depot, show them the barbs I want to replace and ask for the 1/2 ID stuff.

So is it this straight forward? I saw a thread about changing the barbs of the bayres to be 1/2" ID, do the same principles apply to the BIM2 and Hydor L30? The Hydor looks like it has specialty connectors, so was hoping any L30 users could respond with any changes they made...

Thanks.

pretty much just did the same thing on my homeschool job a few days ago, with a clamp, the hoses are fine on the smaller fittings. good luck!

Back