• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling this case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robrules18

ok i have this raidmax case:

link

its first one and i didnt build this particular comp so i dont know how many intake fans it has (tried to check but stripped one fo the **** plastic screws cause they are on too tight ) but once i do get it off does anyone have any exp with this case to tell me how to improve airflow... thanks for any help.

Quite an interesting case you got there. I would suggest keeping the two fans on the side of the case blowing in, add (what looks like a 60mm) onto that built-in grill underneath your PS and have it blowing out. If you want more control over the flow, place a strip of duct tape over that long line of holes (from the inside) on the right side of the case (looking at it from the back). Anything more looks to me like you're going to have to do some cutting :D

BTW - I like your sig

I personally hate cases like that....they are horrible for airflow and i can't possibly imagine what was going through the designers mind when they made the case....

i would suggest exactly what fletch said....with emphasis in the need to probably cut up ur case a bit to get a few more fan holes in there for better airflow....possibly a top blowhole or a blowhole out the side panel towards the top edge...that is if the window doesnt' get in the way....

also...what works for me in my mid tower is if you have 2 or more 5 1/4 drive bays empty, stick 2x 80mm fans in there and have them either blowing in or out....just make sure you have close to the same amount of air blowing in as you have blowing out...and the top of the case will be warmer than the bottom...so you want air exiting through the top....

Back