• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lap a D-tek WhiteWater?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soul

Registered
I just ordered a D-tek whitewater block for my new water cooling setup. I read somewhere that when Cathar made them, he hand lapped them, so any further lapping isn't needed. I'm curious if the same still applies for the d-tek versions. Anyone have experience with the d-teks?

The sheet that it comes with says they are lapped with 600grit sandpaper. Most people will tell you that there isnt much temp difference after that, but if you want to lap it to a mirror finish, go ahead. Be careful though, the WW's already have a thin base.

On my white water it doesn't even look like it is lapped at all, you can see circular marks all around it. It looks like they just went in one direction the whole time, which isn't good i dont think...... but I guess its flat

Alright, thanks. I haven't gotten the block yet, just trying to think of everything that needs to be done when all my pieces show up.

Why not, your already going for the best you can get, so a good hand lap can only make it better.

Back