• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dang, (age old question) Vapo or Prommie for custom case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fushyuguru

Man, I just got hit with the biggest wave of reconsideration. My origional plan was to mod a prometeia case for this bad boy, http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217162.

Though Im not sure about the size, weight of the big prommie. I made a mistake and started looking at vapochills, theyre smaller, quieter and I could make a case much easier for it.

I dunno. Anyone have any input. How are overclocks comparable on these guys? Enough to warrant a prommie and overcome the noise/size?

If you have either, please speak up.

I know that Prometia's are the best performing, and give -35C temps on average... Vapochills are a little less at -15C, but can be turned up to -30C..

Personally, I would go with a Vapochill due to its size and the fact that it is quieter. And IMO, when you get down to the negatives, I doubt cooling it down 5 more degrees really makes a huge difference while overclocking to the max. (But remember, I've never used a phase change system, and am basing these opinions on what I've read and just some gut instinct)

And I'm sure you could make a l337 case for the VapoChill a lot easier than with a bulky prometia. ( And damn, your credit card must hate you right now? ;) )

Oh.. And BUMP!

Im tending to lean toward the vapo.

Yeah the card would be, but Ive been paying cash for everything. Im off the plastic for good. I'm spreading it across 2 paychecks so i can still pay my bills and have money to live, hehe.

Back