• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watter Wetter or Zerex for this little boy's w/c rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BerserK

Registered
I've been hearing that water wetter stains your tubing & has a horrific smell yet zerex will also stain your tubing over time. since i was thinking bout putting some type of dye in the tubing since i'll have cathodes inside my case. which would be recommened?

I use Zerex and have never had a problem seeing the UV Dye
p4p8002.jpg

Water Wetter !!!!!!!!

Read the Cooling Stickies about cooling properties !!!!!!!!!!!

This is something most people make a mistake about.
Zerex is an automotive anti-freeze - good for sub-cooling a pc.
& keeping your car from freezing.

It has anti-corrosion additives in it. - Zerex

WW is made to absorb more heat & transfer it into the water.
and has anti-corrisive additives.

WW is fluid.
Zerex would be like putting jello into your system- exagerated
but you get my point - i hope :/

:cool:

Actually the Zerex we are talking about and water wetter do the same thing. They are used in drag cars and the llike as they can't use anti-freeze. No idea why but thats what my cousin says about his drag racing. Where did you get this info about the Zerex not being a fluid?

Homer said:
whats the additive used to kill bacteria and allgee from growing in ur system?

I think both of the above mentioned additives help prevent algea. If you use distilled water in a closed system, you shouldn't have much if any algea growth.

1. Water Wetter does smell funny, but it is not horrific. It has been noted to stain the tubing in many instances.

2. Please be specific when using the term "Zerex." Zerex is a brand name, not the name of a specific product like Water Wetter (made by Redline Oil).

I personally use Zerex brand ExtremeLife Antifreeze/ Coolant. It works very well for watercooling, both cars and computers (remember, many computer WC parts are from cars, such as the radiator/heatercore.) I have seen no problems with stained tubing or corrosion since I have been using Dex-Cool. I have many mixed metals in my system.

Trust me on this, automotive anti-freeze will not clog up your system. Companies like GM (my employer) have spent millions of research dollars to ensure this.

This is the stuff that use.
Zerex_large.jpg

Zerex Racing Super Coolant

Improves thermal transfer
Prevents corrosion
Protects all cooling system metals from cavitation

FACTION95Si, the pic that you posted of ur comp w/ the UV dye owns me :drool:, any dye's & cathodes that you guys would recommend?

I use Water Wetter, and it does smell bad, but it isnt horiffic. I would suggest capping the T-line in the system though so that the smell doesnt leak all over your room......:p

I use the clear blue UV Dye from DTek Customs with Dual Black light Cold Cathodes from SVC.com. The ones that SVC.com sells seem to be the same ones that everyone else sells the PC Toys brand. They do a good job but that picture I posted is a little Photoshop enhanced :)

Back