• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SK-7 + TT SmartFan2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMatrixHasYou

I'm using an SK-7 and a TTSF2 to cool my 1700+, but I'm having trouble getting the SmartFan2 to clip on. I'm using the 80mm clips, and when I put them on, it seems pretty loose. I can slide the fan horizontally very easily. Is it supposed to be this loose? Also, I used the instructions on Thermalright's website, and it said to put the top of the clips in the holes on the edge of the fan, so I had to use the fan without the grill. I've seen a few people using this combo, so I just want to know how you got the SmartFan attached, and how tight it was.

its supposed to be very tight... are you sure your not using the 80*36 clips?

The fan should be able to slide around. If the clips are too loose then use a smaller set. Or you could use the light grill, or even the light grill with the spacers.

I had the light grill attached by keeping it in place with four of the long screws that came with the fan and then rested the clips in the slots on the heads of the screws.

many people would prefer you to use the "edit" button...;) i personally don't care, but some people do.:D

I had the light grill attached by keeping it in place with four of the long screws that came with the fan and then rested the clips in the slots on the heads of the screws.
you mean you used the grill to make the fan "taller"?

Right, the clear plastic grill with the four leds on it -- it will raise height of the fan. Plus there are optional spacers you can put between the grill and the fan as seen here:

step1.jpg

When I had the "Cool Mod" on my SK-7 the clips actually sat in the + on the head of the phillips head screws. Of course the screws wern't actually screwed into anything but they did hold the grill in place

many people would prefer you to use the "edit" button... i personally don't care, but some people do.

But that way I'll never get to see the classifieds :D

You shouldn't need a cool mod to get a fan to fit on the SK7...

No but as he seemed to want to put it on anyway it is a possible solution to a loose fan.

Bad move big guy, purposely upping your post count is the easiest way to get banned

Geez, just a little sarcasm. Seriously thanks for the tip, that wasn't why I didn't opt to edit, it just didn't occur to me. From now on I'll know.

Geez, just a little sarcasm. Seriously thanks for the tip, that wasn't why I didn't opt to edit, it just didn't occur to me. From now on I'll know.

my bad:eek: forgive me

Got it to fit, had to use smaller clips and a bit of force, but it's tight now. Didn't use the grill, probably wouldn't have been able to pull the clips over it.

Back