• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can a w/c setup transfer the max rated heat to a radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tseongsun

OK so my radiator is rated at 790KCal per hour (3134BTU per hour) or 919Wh. I have no idea what this means. Regardless... my question is this:

Does a w/c circuit have the ability to carry this much heat to the radiator? Am I (could I) even using the max capabilities of my radiator?

My w/c setup is 1/2" barbs/tubing all the way around, lapped Spir@l block, and AquaVia 1300, and BIX radiator.

The reason I ask is because I am planning on getting a Barton 2500+ soon and want to overclock the heck out of it. So lets say I get one and I need to up the voltage to like 2.0v would my setup be able to handle it well?

tseongsun said:
OK so my radiator is rated at 790KCal per hour (3134BTU per hour) or 919Wh. I have no idea what this means. Regardless... my question is this:

Does a w/c circuit have the ability to carry this much heat to the radiator? Am I (could I) even using the max capabilities of my radiator?

My w/c setup is 1/2" barbs/tubing all the way around, lapped Spir@l block, and AquaVia 1300, and BIX radiator.

The reason I ask is because I am planning on getting a Barton 2500+ soon and want to overclock the heck out of it. So lets say I get one and I need to up the voltage to like 2.0v would my setup be able to handle it well?
Sure but don't believe the 919WH for the BIX. Utter garbage nonsense and who knows where they came up with that number. A heatercore will perform better than the BIX but if you don't have the space, then use it. In reality, your pump and CPU will only dump about 100W of heat into the system.

It might be able to dump 919W if the coolant was really hot, like 98c hot. That whole delta T thing.

A 2500+ @ 2.4GHz with a 1.9v Vcore will put out 112w. 137w @ 2.5GHz @ 2.0v Vcore here's the calc

Like nikhsub1 said, if you have the space go with a heater core.

Last edited:
when companies come up with numbers like the bix number they are testing in the most optimal condititions and many times will not state the exact conditions because we can not replicate them as an average individual so the bix can in fact get rid of that much heat but im betting they ran water that was at 99c through the radiator and measured how much was removed ( radiators work more efficeintly at higher loads)

Back