• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK800U poor result

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcesther

I have a SLK800U with Smart Fan II on it, I am using pushing right now. My system is Abit NF7-S, I updated to the newest bios, wh ich should report temperature more accurately. XP1700 @ 1.88 @ 1.65volt 210X9(what a bad overclocker i know). I applied a thin layer of AS3, but I didn't lap the heatsink. What can be wrong now? And I have like 5 case fans. 2 rear 2 front 1 up.

thank you very much

LOL....
Forgot to mention the most imortant thing.
Idle I am around 39C, load haven't test it yet.
But after few games of CS and WCIIIX, I got to around 43-44C.

i don't think that those are all that high, before you installed the heatsink, did you check to see if the bottom was pretty flat? (running your nail across the bottom?)

Same cooling setup as you except the case fans I only have 2 :( 1 intake/1 outtake and my temps are almost the same. 39 idle/45 load.

Chowdy

Those temps are good, IMO.

I myself have 5case fans. 2 80mm intake in the front, 2 80mm exhaust in the back, and 1 system blower exhaust in the back. When the ambient air is about 75F my case is around 35C, processor idle is 39C, 43C load.

Back