• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Few mods on NF7-S(cooling)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcesther

Got an ABIT NF7-S last week from mwave, what can I say.....
Love this board but it is really hot when running especially in sunny CA.
Moseft cooling
fbc18cff.jpg

South Bridge
fbc18cf4.jpg

North Bridge by Alpha
fbc18cf7.jpg

Alpha on CPU also
fbc18ce5.jpg

fbc18cda.jpg

thank you

looks good...does it help in cali?
Did you have to cut the moseft hs or was it a package?

I am looking at gettin this board with a barton 2500+
what do you think of its setup...ie overclockability, bios controls of cpu & fsb etc

Very nice. I, too live in "sunny" (mild term for it) southern CA. It's hot as blazes here. hard for OCers to do a damn thing without AC.

wannaoc said:
Stupid question but are there fans on the nb and CPU or not? Nice job on the mosfets and sb, post a linky if you bought them.

I would like a Link also

Nice! I've also got an NF7-S, and absolutely adore it. Maybe I should add some extra cooling, to reward it for the fine service it's given me.

The south bridge heatsink was purchased through another country (my mom brought it back for me). And yes there are fans on the NB and CPU.

get rid of that hsk on your cpu i had the same one and killed 3 cpu with it naw keep it it worked great for me but the guy that always put it on for me necer used the rubber washers and he always tightend 1 corner to much first and cracked my core

countermods said:
get rid of that hsk on your cpu i had the same one and killed 3 cpu with it naw keep it it worked great for me but the guy that always put it on for me necer used the rubber washers and he always tightend 1 corner to much first and cracked my core

Wow, you're hyper....

Thats an interesting way the heatsink clips to the SB....

Well.... My alpha serves me better than any other HSF. And plus... it looks better than any HSF in the market now (by its appearance).

Nice job on the Mosfets and the NB. And I agree that the alpha does look sexeh. I have one on my TH7II.

I like dat black hs on the cpu...looks...'cool'. (Hehe...get it?)
Looks like a nice job. I wish I had the time/money/supplies for something like that.

Everyone else has said it already, but I see no harm in saying it again: Great job! All the individual mosfets look great, and you did a clean job installing everything. I'm in Santa Barbara, and feel the heat of sunny "SoCal" as well. Thank god for air conditioning and cooling mods! :D

how about a link on where to get those mosfet heatsinks and the northbridge heatsink especially...

Back