• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why is my sammy pc2700 not working?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

james.miller

well, it's working, but not correctly. its not original samsung, it's on a different pcb, but it has samsung pc2700 "dlt" chips on it.

the best it will do is 160mhz with this board. that's all its got.I dont believe the problem is related to apic - this board quite happily runs 200mhz dc with different ram. is there anything i can do? or do they just not mix?

Odd...My friend has Buffalo based on the same Samsung chips as yours, and has gotten it up to 210mhz DC. Voltage is what its all about; push it to 2.9v(3.0v in reality), and make sure you've got FSB Spread Spectrum disabled. Also, the NF7 itself seems to have issues at running at over DDR366 or so in DC without the Chipset Voltage raised to 1.7v.

no ive tried everything. its SC btw, 1x512mb stick.

it just wont do over 160mhz. not ever at 2.9v. I'm putting down to incompatibility since ive had some cheap pc2700 doing 200mhz dc with this board at 1.6v vdd, unless the stick itself is damaged - it doesnt work with my friends asus a7n8x either.

If its not even reaching PC2700 speeds in single channel, you should probably just RMA it. I don't quite see how incompatibility could be a problem, since you mentioned that it doesn't work in an A7N8X either. Otherwise, you could attempt to burn it in with memtest86 for a day or so; its known to help Samsung-based modules in particular scale better at higher voltages.

i think an rma is definatly out of the question lol - its over 2 years old now:) Either way it doesnt bother me - ive already ordered some 2x256mb twinmos pc3200. It's just bothers me that it doesnt do what it was supposed to lol

Hey...you never know.;) Some of them sport "Lifetime Warranty" and claim that you can get a replacement whenever you want. Do you have any VIA based boards that you could try the stuff on? Maybe it just doesn't like the nForce2 memory controller. Well, that Twinmos will probably make you forget about all else anyways ;).

no i dont. the only other board that ive run this ram on is a k7s5a lol. that board didnt even do 166mhz.

doesnt matter anyway, this sammy ram is already sold - im getting rid if it as soon as my twinmos is in and working at 200mhz fsb;)

Back