• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB and MOSFETs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

Are there mounting holes for the northbridge on a GA-8KNXP board? I don't know how to tell... and what are MOSFETs? Do intel boards have them? Should i get some heatsinks for them?

yup, there are mounting holes around the northbridge, most newer boards do. i believe mosfets are voltage regulators? all motherboards should have them. putting heatsinks on them may help (help regulate voltages better), but i have no idea how much.

Yes, this one has Northbridge heatsink mounting holes. Not all Gigabyte Mobo's do.

Edit: nice choice, it has the Promise RAID controller :)

can someone post links to nice nb coolers and mosfet coolers? I don't have any heatsinks to cut up bc this will be my first homebuilt computer... i can't find that "SLK of northbridge" cooler... and that one in the other thread made my alpha looks cool too.

Best -> Linkage Has a NB cooler and MOSFETS and PPL heatsinks. I bought one and im satisfied 110%.

And you cant go wrong with a 9.84 reseller rating. They are one of the best companies ive delt with.

Or you can get an sk-6+ from there for 8$ and get the mosfet heatsinks seperate for 12$

stan03 said:
can someone post links to nice nb coolers and mosfet coolers? I don't have any heatsinks to cut up bc this will be my first homebuilt computer... i can't find that "SLK of northbridge" cooler... and that one in the other thread made my alpha looks cool too.

Dunno any, but if you find out say so here as i'm looking too.

I got the GA-8IRXP. Bad NB, nice extras. Did someone say 4 disks all on their own cable? :D :)

ConquereR said:
Best -> Linkage Has a NB cooler and MOSFETS and PPL heatsinks. I bought one and im satisfied 110%.

And you cant go wrong with a 9.84 reseller rating. They are one of the best companies ive delt with.

this was the one i was looking for

EDIT: 34 dollars.... is that good or bad deal?
Did someone say 4 disks all on their own cable?

:confused:

Back