• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios Rom checksum error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMan0234

I keep getting this error along with the siren sound when I try to boot up my computer. it asks for a floppy with awdflash.exe and a bios file to flash it, i tried putting 1.7 on and it wont flash, it says its missing the source file. I have also tried 1.1, the bios that came with it and even tried renaming the file to old bios which is what I saved it on my hard drive when I flashed a few days ago. Can anyone hep me with this problem? I want to use my computer! lol

I also see you have a SATA drive, be sure the files are installed that came with the HDD, they may have been corrupted and if that is the case you would recieve a checksum error

i have no sata drive. Also I did download the bioses. Please, does any one have a solution?

BUMP: Please I really need help here. Anyone with ANY suggestions, please post.

I used to get the same error on my 8RDA when I pushed it too hard. Reseting the CMOS usually fixed it. Have you tried that? If that or trying to flash a new BIOS doesnt work. You can go to a small computer store buy a BIOS chip from them, ask them to flash it with an NF7 BIOS. Replace your chip with the new one.

I have tried everything, i tried redownloading, leaving the jumper off and even removing the battery overnight, nothing has worked. Time to order a new bios chip. Fu ck Abit, this board is only like 2 weeks old.

Back