• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How's this wb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

I've turned that cold plate into a water block. This is my first one, so it's been kind of hard without a mill or drill press. :) What do you guys think?

wb1.jpg

wb2.jpg

It looks good for a first timer, if you have a rotary tool i would smooth out the channels so the water flows better. But keep up the good work and if you have installed it..lets see some temps. Also where are your water input and output going to be?

Looks to me like all the water will go through the middle channel. Might want to change that, If I'm looking at it right.

Wow, no one said it was the ugliest POS they've ever seen, yet. :p

I wanted to try and put the inlet in the middle, and out towards the ends of one of the channels.

It's the ugliest POS I've ever seen!!! :D J/K Good first try keep it up, I wish I had a way to try to mill my own block, THEN we'd see the worst block of all time. Keep up the good work & let us know how it works out for ya!!!!

omg thats the ugliest POS ive ever seen!!!!

no j/k :D... i wish i had 1337 skills like that... i couldnt make a half as good one if my life depended on it ;)

let us know how that thing performs

---edit---
gah Tical beat me to it :(

looks a lot like my first blocks. look at what Im making now:D

It does look pretty good though, If you have a dremel, get one of those carbide cutters and smooth it out, I bet you can get it looking quite a bit nicer.

-edit- what did that cold plate come off of?

Jon

A large drill, huge drill bits, dremel tool, and various other grinder tips. Not to mention wd40 to lubricate while I was grinding.

Back