• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intake vs. exhaust

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3lson

i am building a system with an antec solution series [slk3700amb].

it comes with one 120mm fan as an exhaust in the back, and a spot for one in the front.

i purchased a YS tech 120mm that moves 108cfm at 2600rpm.

i was wondering if anyone had any insights or opinions as to which spot [rear/exhaust or front/intake] should recieve the high volume fan, and which the stock.

thanks

i would put it in the front so positive pressure is created... that way dust won't get in through every single crack and crevice in the case

thx for the post stan, i should also inform u that the comp will be in college park , where there is no a/c so it will be hot...

does that at all change ur opinion?

thanks a lot

Your power supply should have two fans which act as one small (80mm) exhaust fan for the system. With this and two other fans as you described, I would set the highest volume fan in the front as an intake and have the lower volume fan in the rear as an exhaust.

n3lson said:
thx for the post stan, i should also inform u that the comp will be in college park , where there is no a/c so it will be hot...

does that at all change ur opinion?

thanks a lot

not at all it still stands as is:D

Back