• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SVC Time to ship, and notification question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Breadfan

Inactive Moderator
Just curious about how fast SVC ships out, and if they sent out shipping notifications quickly.

The thing is, I ordered Monday night with 2-day shipping. I need the parts Friday at latest. (Need them for something in class Monday, possibly Tuesday though...)

Anyway, it's now Wednesday, 6pm ET, and I've not received any shipping notification via email. Also, there is not change when I check on my order status, all it says is that it was placed...

So, just curious if they take awhile to ship. It wasn't a big order...so I'm expecting notification no later than tonight. (2 days to get the order out is reasonable...)

This was my first order from them, so I'm just trying to see how they typically work. Just kinda wondering if an order placed Monday night (9pm-ish ET) at SVC would get me my stuff Friday with 2day shipping...or if I'm not gonna get my parts in time for my class demo. (They're not super-imperative, but it would be nice!)

Thanks! (BTW, this is not intended as a gripe at SVC, more like curiosity. IMO, I'm very happy with them based on the excellent prices I got!)

I ordered the Sunbeam Fan controller from them (Normal USPS shipping) and it took about 4 days

I would call them and make sure the item is shipped if it hasn't already been. (Check to make sure it wasn't on backorder)

When I ordered my 319 from them...it was shipped out by noon the next day and was in Indiana 2 days later...shipped priority mail...I actually had the CPU in hand a few hours before I got the email notification that it was sent...

When I bought from them, notification was slow, and always seemed a step behind.....but my delivery time was pretty good- ordered on Saturday I think, and with cheapest shipping, took delivery on Friday.

I think my first "shipped" notice was wednesday....

Cool, thats the main thing I was wondering is if the notification comes late...I might drop them a line tommorrow if I haven't heard, but it sounds like I can expect my stuff by Friday. Maybe I'll even be surprised tommorrow. :)

I've found SVC to be the slowest with shipping. I've ordered from them 3 times, but i can't quote you on the exact time it took them. I do know, i ordered some stuff from newegg, xoxide, ocsystem, and svc all on the same day, svc was last to come, at least a few days later than the rest..

just my fyi..don't hold me to it.

Good luck getting a working tracking number. I think one out of the last 10 orders I had from these guys did I even get a working T/N. I always email them and they send the same broken one, but their shipping is OK not the worst I have had ;)

Yeah, my tracking numbers were also invalid, and the shipping notice came about 2 days after it actually shipped. But my package got here on time. Only complaint is that it's impossible to contact them. They forget some of my stuff, and it took me a whole week just to contact them.

it looks like they're looking for ppl to hire ... they might just not have enough ppl at the moment to handle orders/tracking numbers in a timely fashion.

the first time i ordered, it took 5 days (buisiness(sp)) to get here, and now everything is out of stock and has been for like 2-3 weeks, and still haven't shipped my order, becuase it "ran out right when i placed the order" they told be eta for shipment was 1 week like 2 weeks ago... its beginning to make me mad.

i went to SVC to pick up my order last week and they look swamped.
i guess they're getting a lot of orders from OC forum members :D
i've seen svc.com on lot of post lately
just give them a call

When I ordered my 1700 on a Monday from them a couple months back it was shipped right away, I had it on Wed. That was my first order from them and I was very satisfied:)

Well, I finally got SOME word from them. Turns out the cold cathode extension cable (a 99 cent attempt for me not to solder wires to extend my cathodes this time around...) is out of stock!

That's no big deal, but I would've liked to have been informed a little earlier than late Thursday afternoon. :(

I replyed, telling them I need the parts by Monday for part of a demo on Tuesday.

Oh well...I'm going to call them tommorrow and ask them whats up with the order. I do need those parts, so if it costs me 5 bucks more to have 1day shipping then I'll do it...

Hopefully my next order will go smoother, and I'm a little peeved that I paid for 2 day shipping and I won't have my stuff until over a week from order date...

I RMAed something to them and I had the replacement in hand before I received notification that it was shipped... so yeah, their notification is slow. sucks that they jerked you around though, I wish places like this could computerize their inventories.

Originally posted by Breadfan
That's no big deal, but I would've liked to have been informed a little earlier than late Thursday afternoon.

yup..they did the same with me and a clear PSU mod..'cept when i did find out, they also DIDN'T **** the other stuff saying they were going to wait for the PSU clear mod to come back in stock before shipping. The PSU mod had been out of stock for 3 weeks..i ordered it the day i say that the 'out of stock' tag had been removed..what's to say it wouldn't have been another 3 weeks?!! ...So naturally i was peeved, i canceled the clear mod ordered so they would send everything else and ordered the mod from someone else..i got it BEFORE i got the SVC shipping!!!..

So..i WILL NOT order from SVC again..that's not the only bad experience i had with them..

i hate online venders....

Well, I had trouble getting through to them via phone, but was just successful. (I'm not quite sure when they open though, and I'm like 4 hours ahead!)

Anyway, I just talked to them, explained my predicament and needing the parts monday night. They offered to upgrade me to next day shipping and have the order out today so that I'll get my order on Monday.

I'll update when I get the order, but I do want to say when I called them they were very friendly and understanding, and upgrading my shipping for free is definitely cool. :) :cool:

bsspewer said:

yup..they did the same with me and a clear PSU mod..'cept when i did find out, they also DIDN'T **** the other stuff saying they were going to wait for the PSU clear mod to come back in stock before shipping. The PSU mod had been out of stock for 3 weeks..i ordered it the day i say that the 'out of stock' tag had been removed..what's to say it wouldn't have been another 3 weeks?!! ...So naturally i was peeved, i canceled the clear mod ordered so they would send everything else and ordered the mod from someone else..i got it BEFORE i got the SVC shipping!!!..

So..i WILL NOT order from SVC again..that's not the only bad experience i had with them..

i hate online venders....
i had a similar problem, but i just called them about one hour ago... the guy i talked to was pretty cool, he changed my order for me so all the parts were the ones in stock, and since i had waited forever already, he guaranteed they would ship out, TODAY:D

I did get my tracking number tonight, and it is valid. UPS shows next day air, and scheduled delivery date as Monday July 28th. :) I'm very happy how this turned out, and will be using SVC in the future.

i live in sac area, so it's not that far from sj, but it's been nice to see my confirmation email before i go to the mailbox, and then find my package =). i've never had anything but same day (within hours if i order in the morning) shipping at the cost of priority. the only time i didn't get it same day was when i recieved 1 of two sk7's i ordered and to make up for it, they wound up sending me 2 with a note saying something along the lines of thanks for being patient with us and we hope you continue to use us for your pc needs.

Well just as a follow up, my order did come in today, via next day. That was upgraded from 2 day at no extra cost to me. So they did go the extra mile to help me out, and get me the parts I needed when I needed them.

Tommorrow night I'll be making another order to SVC. :)

Back