• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Testing my WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greasy Burger

Hey, the bottom of my CPU block is suppose to be COLD, right? I touched it and it's not cold at all. It feels just like...um...copper but not cold. I've been testing my Koolance WC for about 4 hours now. Any suggestions?

Here are some pix

cool1.jpg

cool2.jpg

A water cooling system with no cpu or fan will slowly heat up to some temperature a bit above ambient due to the heat from the pump and circulating coolant.

As stated by TGK, the only way it will be cool or cold is if you are chilling your coolant in some way.

Water cooling works NOT because the block is cold, but to simplify it to the extreme....because you have a LOT of surface area to dissipate the heat from the cpu- much more than is possible with a heatsink.

Exactly.
After the heat gets to the radiator the process works exactly the same as air cooling- the water is cooled and returns to the water block.
You will never get to ambient temp with the cpu using straight water cooling, but you can get within a few degrees depending on all the components you do choose.

Back