• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

arctic alumina or cyramique?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

Well, i have arctic silver 3, i will use that for my CPU, but for my GPU and other components that are close to connections that i dont want to bridge i will use something that is non electroconductive like arctic alumina or cyramique...

However i looked around and i could not find a single review site that would compare the two, they would compare them to arctic silver...

so which one conducts better heat? cyramique or alumina?

nice, Im getting one, AS3 is a pain to clean off the cpu, plus sometimes it gets close to some of the bridges of the cpu.

RZA said:
Ceramique is even better than AS. IMHO, it beats AA any day.
I've never used Ceramique yet, but I've got a tube of generic white "Radio Scrap" stuff that beats AA. I'm really disappointed with AA.

I haven't had the chance to try ceramique yet but I don't have any complains with AS3. My temp right at this moment is 28*C and its on full load, case temp is 20*C. I suppose if your going to apply it to your vid card, ceramique is probably the best way to go and since your getting ceramique, might as well use it on your cpu.

I would have to say the ceramique, if for no other reason, it isn't conductive. Nothing is worse than slipping and accidentaly getting a much of metal all over your new p4 or AMD. Plus, Ceramique cools a bit better.

Back