• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mobo! help me pick an Nforce2..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

hey,
ok I need a new nForce2 (Ultra400) Mobo.
I want it for OC'ing.

I own 1 8rda+ (a3) and thought of the 8rda+ rev2 is it good comparing to the NF7-S 2.0?

my 8rda+ after vmod is awesom I can get it up to 230 w/ 1.8 vdd.
(haven't tryed more though!)

anyhow what would you take?
(It must be Ultra400!)

Thanks.

abit nf7 v.2 or the nf7-s v.2, i just went to the abit from an 8rda+ w/ vdd mod...the nf7 def is more stable, got up to 230fsb on 1.7vdd and the vdd u can change in the bios up to 1.7v

My vote goes for Chaintech Zenith Ultra. The vcore can go up to 2.15, FSB 250 would have to restart and go in to BIOS for the rest but if you want to know tell me and I will do it.

I would vote for theNF7 v2.0 or the NF7-S v2.0 as well. I got to 218 FSB without any tweaking at all, and it is cheaper compared to boards with similar features made by Gigabyte, Asus, and Chaintech

I'm going to buy a new mobo next week myself. What about the Asus A7N8x Deluxe board? Does it have any problems or is it a stable board? I'm going to use it for oc'ing. Between the Asus board and the Abit board which is the best?

As long as you buy the A7N8X Deluxe PCB v2.0 you won't have the stability or bios corruption problems associated with the earlier Nforce2 Motherboards. As for overclocking ability, the Abit is reputed to allow for higher FSB speeds, with the Asus having a slightly better performance/fsb ratio (again, reputedly =D ). I chose the Abit simply because it was cheaper, and also believed to be a better overclocker........

Hope this helps somewhat...

Edit: I just read this post on NforcersHQ which indicates that the A7N8X Deluxe v2.0 still has some bios corruption problems (but not as widespread as previously) This makes the Abit NF7-S v2.0 look like a more attractive option I guess...

Back