• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ViaAqua 1300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've had a Via for about 3 months & just ordered a Danner #3 if that tells you anything. The Via is cheap & has a good GPH rating but I think it suffers from not having a great head rating. Mine also gets HOT AS CRAP since it's mainly only supposed to be run submerged(oh those crazy overclockers breaking all the rules). It was the first pump I had in my rig & served me well for a first timer, but in hindsight I wish I'd bought a Danner or Eheim from the get go, as they both have better head ratings & are designed to be run inline so they run cooler. :D The Eheim 1250 is a GREAT pump if you have room for that monster & is one of the most popular pumps here even with that high price tag. Danner & Hydor are also popular & highly recommended.

Do a search and you'll find more on the pump than you want to know

you should note: the pump is cheap...use silicone around especially the impeller cap so it doesn't leak. It will get just as hot as the Eheim 1250 as it has the same wattage output.

I got it for like less than 20 bucks... Haven't used it yet. I plan to submerge it cause it's supposed to be used that way.

I don't care if it's like 5 degrees higher than inline. At least it's more quiet and cooler than air cooling. The noise to cooling ratio even submerged is still better than air.

Its loud inline unless you superglue the impeller. And submerged it puts out alot of heat. If i was you i would get a Hydor because from what i hear they are way better

Back