• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best water block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

countermods

Disabled
what is the best water block should i just buy 1 water cooler setup or buy peice bye peice suggestions on parts pleez

okay, I know of the white water, 'n I read about his new block, was the new one the cascade? the one with all the mini jets..?
sry, I was on vacation 'n I guess I missed this... :-/

Yeah the Cascade is his newest monster with all the mini jets, there's a thread around here somewhere with some sweet pics of it in action. Supposed to be 2-3° better than the WW.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it all depends on if you are using TEC. I was under the impression the Cascade was the best non-TEC block out there (although I have not seen results with TEC).

For TEC would you not want a large open channel block like the Swiftec or a lager maze style one.

themodguy

themodguy said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but it all depends on if you are using TEC. I was under the impression the Cascade was the best non-TEC block out there (although I have not seen results with TEC).

For TEC would you not want a large open channel block like the Swiftec or a lager maze style one.

themodguy
You are right but most of us here (in the watercooling section) don't use TEC's, that would be in the extreme cooling forum. Some blocks are not at all designed to be used with TEC's such as the WW and the Cascade and a host of others. An excellent TEC block is the MCW5000 for sure, if I was TEC cooling, that would be the block for me.

nikhsub1 said:

You are right but most of us here (in the watercooling section) don't use TEC's, that would be in the extreme cooling forum. Some blocks are not at all designed to be used with TEC's such as the WW and the Cascade and a host of others. An excellent TEC block is the MCW5000 for sure, if I was TEC cooling, that would be the block for me.
yeah MCW5000 is a bad *** block. It is a high performance block. As you know, if you're on a P4 system you would have no problems.. but this mounting mechanism sux *** for the AMD systems. It is not even acceptable. hehe! :D :mad: :D :eek: :cool:

you could really do a great diy block for a tec setup...it takes much less precision and ive seen some pretty nice diy's that were fairly simple...note that the diy's usually have larger channels and just like themodguy says....is usually better for tec's.

Back