• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I get an Iwaki RZ pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i was wondering about that pump because that is the high head version of thier pump and looks like its pretty powerful . let me know when you get one and test it out ( it is a little larger than a 1250 i think)

the 100v version will work fine with 115v... you don't need to worry about that....

you DO need to check on the hertz though...

edit: from what i see at the site,... their "american motor" version should be fine....

CrackPot said:
More specfically, I'm looking for an Iwaki MD-20RLZT that'll work with 115v. http://www.underwatercreations.com carries the RZ pump but looks to be the 100v model.

TIA

Bought mine there, it is that model. Talk to Lise, she helped me get exactly the one I wanted. Excellent costumer service and attention to detail was my experience.

As said, 100V will work fine. However I would stick with the MD and not the WMD (Japanese versus American motors).

Be :cool:

thorilan said:
hey deeppow how is the heat vibration and noise for your pump and is the head really as good as the graphs say?

Vib and noise are very low. It produces heat as do they all (wouldn't want to hold it when it is running). I placed the WC components in exterior box for that reason.

Don't have the equipment to measure the head but it seems to push water through my system with no problems. Due to my separate box, room layout, desk setup etc. I have about 10ft of extra tubing (1/2" ID) to get from my WC box to the computer.

wow 10 feet of extra hose!!! it sounds like it isnt a bad choice except for the size is a bit larger than most people can fit in an average case if they keep core in thier case too

thorilan said:
the size is a bit larger than most people can fit in an average case if they keep core in thier case too

Yes, I look at picts of setups folks have in their cases and am amazed they can fit all that stuff! Once I decided to keep the pump heat out of the case, small wasn't one of my criteria --- good thing too. Bought a RubberMate container and built it in there to start since I really didnt' know what I was doing (could buy another container for $4 and start over if needed). My current setup looks like something only a mother could love --- I won't be posting picts!

Good luck CrackPot!!!

It produces heat as do they all (wouldn't want to hold it when it is running).

Question about heat: Why would you put that much heat in your system? I can hold my Danner and barely feel the heat at all. It seems that pump would put a ton of heat in the water as well as the case air. Not to mention the price of that those things.

wannaoc said:

Question about heat: Why would you put that much heat in your system? I can hold my Danner and barely feel the heat at all. It seems that pump would put a ton of heat in the water as well as the case air. Not to mention the price of that those things.

I believe most of the heat is released to the air via the metal housing of the pump and not in to the water. That's what I've read though.

CrackPot said:
I believe most of the heat is released to the air via the metal housing of the pump and not in to the water. That's what I've read though.

Based on what I see with my setup, this is correct. Primarily heat to the water might be introduced by some friction in the pumping section and some conduction into the pump housing (plastic) which isn't too much since it is cool to the touch.

It would be interesting to measure the temperature rise in the water across the pump, I'll put that on my to-do list for the next year. Wonder if anyone round here has real numbers?

Last edited:
Back