• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 (v2.0) VS. NF7-S (v1.2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

Hey

Right now I'm running the system in my sig. An NF7 with an xp1700+ overclocked to 2.3ghz. my memory is at 210 right now.

Here's the deal. I have the chance to trade my NF7 rev 2.0 with a brand new NF7-S rev 1.2.......

-Is it worth it?
-What's the difference in the revision? Just the ultra 400 in the rev 2?
-Will I be able to get the same overclock?

Please I need to get an answer as soon as possible and I would appreciate your help!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Two words... HELL NO.

The rev 2 has the (pre) Ultra 400 chipset and supports 400MHz DDR FSB, the 1.2 does not. Not saying the 1.2 won't DO 400MHz DDR, but WHY trade for an older board without official support????

The only reason I would switch is because my model is NF7 and the old model is NF7-S!!!!! you guys dont listen. But I;ve heard that it's not worth it anyway so I'll let it go

My Bad......I saw that you were thinking of trading an NF7 for an NF7-S but I should have mentioned it in my post...
I think the main advantages of the NF7-S (SoundStorm, Serial ATA) are not really important enough to trade down version numbers, especially considering the problems that the v1.2 has compared to the v2.0

thank you very much, that's what I was wondering.

My 2nd question, are there any accessories with the NF7-S that would work on the NF7? I know soundstorm and S ATA won't work, but are there other things?

THanks

Is there anything that comes with the NF7-S that I could use on my NF7 successfully? My friend is buying the board, but he's using the board only cause he's moving, so he said I could use the accessories (I have the nf7, he has nf7-s) so is there anything with the nf7-s that I could use>?

Back