• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

219mhz fsb no VDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

Well, I thought I had the crappier v1.1 8rda+, with an a2 stepping. I just put a thermaltake ram heatsink on the mosfets and an old foxconn fan on the stock nb sink, and I hit 219mhz fsb! I haven't even done the vdd mod yet.

mosnb.jpg

Nice OC, my setup is quite similar.

I've got the same foxconn fan on my NB! Did you pull yours off a Pentium III heatsink?

FYI, I've hit 220fsb without the vdd mod too, but currently running 215mhz to keep the temps down.

I should have put a new north bridge sink on mine when I had just gotten it, but for now 185 fsb works fine for me. Good OC nice job bro, might just steal your idea in the future.

This board might be for sale soon. I recently have had some trouble running around 190mhz memory speed and above. Memtest kept giving me errors for all 3 sticks of ram I have, all of which are pc3200 and up. I ordered a new abit, so I'll see if it really was the board at fault. If it turns out it was the 8RDA+, I may just keep it for stock speeds of 166 - 180 or sell it for like 30 bucks. :\

Back