• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How are these results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gas-man

Howdy all, I was just wondering if you guys trust the readings from MBM5?

I've got a small car heater core, 1 push and 1 pull fan, 2 Maze 3 blocks (I have dual XP1600+), 1/2" ID, distilled water + water wetter, a 350+ gph pump, in a medium sized reservoir setup.

MBM5 reports:
CPU1 @ 27C
CPU2 @ 29C
CASE @ 30C

How probable/believable are these results? Oh and by the way I set it up with the motherboard specs on the MBM5 site.

If your temps are accurate, they're excellent!
Like thorilan, i doubt that the CPU temps are lower than the case temp.

maybe this is taken when the water hadn't had a chance to heat up yet? let it run for a few hours, and then see how it is. if cpu is still lower than case... bleh, I think your motherboard probes are at fault

I agree. Something doesn't seem to be set up quite right if case temps are higher than the parts that are heating the case up.

What Giblet Plus! said....
Idle temps mean very little.

There is also a vitally important piece of information missing: ambient temp.

I find it VERY easy to believe that a water cooled rig could have lower cpu temp than case temp: most water cooled systems have much less airflow through the case, so usually case temp is higher than a similar air-cooled pc.

If ambient temp is around 20c (about 68 fahrenheit) that could definitely give you temps in the range you see with a good system.
If ambient is 25c then there is no way those temps are correct with straight water cooling :D

I trust MBM5 to give me readings that are about the same as the bios readings- and that is about all I will really count on....
I have used remote thermometers and/or a DigiDoc5 to double check the motherboard sensors in most of my systems and find them to be close...but not quite right.

Some systems have screwy sensors or screwy programming in BIOS though, so you might want to look for any common errors with that board if the ambient temp you have isn't pretty low.......

Back