• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I check my system temperature in Windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Danne

Registered
Hi!

I wonder how I check the temperature for my system when I am in Windows.

In BIOS it is easy to find. but I wanna see how the temperature is changing also after starting Windows.

Are there software for this?

anything you can recomend?

(I use Win 98)

Motherboard monitor 5 is excellent. Sisoft Sandra will usually give some info, too, and it's a good benchmark program so that you'll know how fast you are compared to other computers.
Here's a good place to find files.

Caffinehog said:
Oh, and WECLOME TO THE FORUMS!

thanx. I kind of am I newbie to overclocking and this kind of stuff but this seem like a nice place.

I have tried overclocking out with Soft FBS and it worked great to improve the pearformance alittle. Although I had to put it back to normal speed emideately cause I didnt had the temperature software needed.

well. I will have that soon...

thanx guys. :)

what kind of motherboard do you have? if it's an asus, those boards usually come with Asus Probe on the drivers disks, and it displays temps in windows. I use Motherboard Monitor 5 though and it can be a little hard to set up at first. Be sure to read the documentation, it definately helps.

thanx for the great advice to install Motherboard monitor folks.

great info about temperatures. After installing MM5 there was no problem to do some overclocking and speed up the cpu.

My processors temperature after overclocking was 55 degrees Celsius. From what I have heard this is OK (and it is summer now). Does anyone have another opinion?

My system had the temperature of 31 degrees Celsius after the overclocking.

MM5 is great software I must say... :)

and thalzaar24! I have an Abit motherboard...

Back