• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet One 1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArE_eYe_SeE_kAy

Has anyone heard of this pump yet. It's shown as a new product and i'm cheap and looking for cheap. hehehe

Here's the site it's listed at.

It's real inexpensive and it has the 1/2" fittings that i'm looing for for my system. Any comments?

And if that pumps no good, then honestly what i'm looking for is a good pump CHEAP! Real cheap.

Last edited:
The specs on that pump seem to be pretty good, it has a good head rating 6.1 feet, but i cannot speak for it's reliability. If you want a cheep pump with a good rep, go for a maxi-jet 1200.

Quiet one pumps are made by Pentair Aquatics, and they have been in buisness along time. Quiet one pumps are very popular with aquarium enthusiest. I had one pushing salt water for three years without a hiccup, and have one in my rig right now. The only way you can tell these pumps are running is by touching them. Very quiet, very reliable. I promise it will kick a maxi-jets butt.

I saw these when I was buying my Danner and it seemed a nice pump but I hadn't heard much about them at that point. It's good to see they are good but if it's much quieter than a Danner I would be amazed.

i have a maxi jet 1200...and i don't really like it...its a bit too loud...and it vibrates the desk if there is no padding on it....im gonna get a mag drive 3...but that seems outa ur price range

Can anyone tell me how much EM emissions this pump puts out? I have a cramped space and my computer must be just to the right of my monitor. So I'm wondering if it will effect it at all, about 8"-10" away.

dragon orb 3 said:
i have a maxi jet 1200...and i don't really like it...its a bit too loud...and it vibrates the desk if there is no padding on it....im gonna get a mag drive 3...but that seems outa ur price range

I also have the maxi-jet 1200. Yeah, it does vibrate, but if you pad it well ~ it doesn't make any noise (from what I notice). But you can definitely do better.

Jon

Anyone know the dimensions of a Quiet One 1200? I can't seem to find out anywhere.

Hey, impressive little pump there buddy. Over 6 feet of head at only 25 watts. And it has male fittings, so there's less chance of cracking it when adding hose barbs.
All that and it's whisper quiet.

Sweet. Thanks for pointing out my next pump. :thup:
It's on backorder till wednesday....

Welcome to the forums, Godemiche!

Well, I've been running the pump in a test setup to see how everything's gunna work. It does put out quite a bit of heat, but that was running the pump without the heatercore in line. I'm sure once that thing gets added to the equation it'll be just fine. And it is real quiet.

Unfortunately i'm having a hard time getting a good lead on a cheap/efficient waterblock that'll attach to my ziff socket (I have the DFI NFII that doesn't have holes thru the mobo for mounting). Sooooo, if anyone's got one of those laying around i'm sure we could work something out... :D

The Swiftech MCW5000 is an excellent waterblock that uses socket clips. Glad to see the pump's working out. It looks like an excellent choice.

Back