• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

surface temp :D core temp :eek: :eek: :eek:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modenaf1

my cpu surface temp is nice and low, but then i look at my core temp and its like 60 degrees :eek: :eek: :eek:

is that ok? whats the highest core temp i can safely have?

oh, i have a 1700+ JIUHB DLT3C 0310 XPMW

There is a way to look up the exact max core temp for your processor, but I'm too lazy to do it ATM. :) I'm guessing that it's somewhere around 85 or 90 though.

That being said, you really don't want to approach those temperatures. 60 would be a bit on the hot side for me, personally, but as long as your machine is stable, I don't think you have anything to worry about. People here as a very general rule seem to try and keep things below 55 degrees.

modenaf1 said:
ok thanx guys. it just sooo hot here. with my house 85+°F it makes it real hard to cool my comp. especially while its folding.
Well, in this summer heat, we all suffer a bit regarding our temps...But I would think that you can get better temps than 60-65°C!!?
I am in a place with no airconditioning, no swamp cooler, and only fans for cooling...I am running a 1.4 Tbird that has always been a hot tamale, even when the former owner tried water cooling, and it will still run FAH and maintain a full load temp of 50-52° Celsius without problems...I have the side of the case off and keep a high volume room fan feeding into a 120mm case fan that hangs from the case frame which feeds direct to the 80mm fan and AX-7 on the core...
Even when temps in here reach near 100 degrees, it will still fold and maintain a temp of 53-55°C...Beyond that, FAH gets dialed back or I turn the machine off...

Try taking your case side off, and if temps improve, you need to get better airflow or just leave the side off during the dog days of summer...

Stay cool now...:D >

KD7 - RAID + JIUHB 1700+ DUT3C

Load.gif

I think your running hot. Improve your cooling or ignore your temps but don't complain about a dead CPU.

Wow. That's pretty damn hot. I need to throw a nice high-volume fan to blow on mine as well...I have around the same ambient temts (85°C+)

Back