• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what happens is i run the radiator in a seperate loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fafnir

like i treat it as a block or something cause its too restrictive and split it off with a y....

e.g.

___________________---> radiator ---------------------------->
pump --> cpu --> y _____________________________________-->y
___________________---> chipset --->vga (restrictive too) -->

like if i do, then there's more flow in general but the radiator is passing the same amount of water through it....

so therefore i can use a bigger pump also right?

how bad would the heat disspation suffer, or would it?

like say i have two cascades or something and both of them are "restricts X amount, but passes only Y amount at certain pressure" but the pump pumps at like 5Y amount... so therefore both the blocks are still performing as good and at the end there's doubled flow right?
[
so what if i switched one of the blocks in the equation with a radiator?

so therefore total pressure loss wouldn't be near as bad... and maybe doubled flow total... cause the block and the res are the most restrictive things right?

Your temps would be way higher that way. Sure you would have more flow through the cpu wb, but it would be with warmer water.

fafnir said:

like i treat it as a block or something cause its too restrictive and split it off with a y....

e.g.

Not a good idea at all. At each pass, you are mixing heated water from the NB and GPU with cooler water from the rad. I just don't get the point? There is NO benefit from your proposed setup.

fafnir said:

Show us you MS Paint skills and draw something, I'm not sure what you mean with that.

Your goal is to reduce restriction,right? Maybe use 2 pumps, one for your block, and one for the rad.

Just an idea.

ok, before i bust out the ms paint thing... the idea is to split the radiator off with a y, so therefore not all the water has to go through it.... even though you'd be mixing hot water back into your loop, the radiator would still have the same amount of water going in to it... BUT, ur cpu blocks and others would have EVEN more water now...

fafnir
if your are goung to use one RAD, then my guess is that overall performance will drop. reason was explained before by RockerII.
But if your can get two RADs working in one system, then definitely connect parallel one to another and serial to everything else. This way you achive to goals: RADs part becomes less restrictive; flow in RAD drops and in general the overall performance will benefit from it.

But that's nice idea of yours. Didn't think about it.

Back