• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar m7ncd pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quietecho

Registered
Well i just built a new system im a n00b when it comes to overclocking though so i have a few questions.

Heres my system:

MOBO=Biostar m7ncd pro
CPU=AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (333FSB) (Barton) (1833MHz)
RAM= Crucial 2x 512 DDR PC2700 • CL=2.5 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • 6ns • 2.5V • 64Meg x 64

I did 200*10 with 1.7 volt and turbo setting on the RAM. so now my CPU reads at 2004.54MHz, system clock is at 200.45, system bus is at 400.91.

Does this information look ok? is there anything else i should tweak? By the way this Motherboard ROCKS!!!!

For the settings you posted it looks fine to me... the mhz will be the FSB X Multiplier

and the system bus should be the FSB X 2

i baught one from newegg. COuldnt resist the $15 rebate, made it REALLY worth it for my second rig. Hopefully I will have it running in a week when I get my new PSU.

So if system bus is FSB X 2 and my FSB is 333mhz why is it only 400.91 ? what do i need to adjust for system bus?

The 333mhz you are refereing too is your system bus. So at 333 your FSB is 166.. If your FSB is 200 then your system buss is 400.

I have the same setup and it will run great at 200 X 11. Reads as a 3200+ when it boots up. I had to turn it back down though because my cooling isn't up to it. It was getting pretty hot under load (59C).

No, I have the same as quietecho, a 2500+. I run it at 166 X12.5 and the motherboard reads it as a 2800+ and if I run it at 200 X11, it thinks it is a 3200+. It runs great at 200 X11 except that my cooling isn't up to it and under load it will go up to about 60C. I also had to increase the voltage a little to get it to 200 X11. I can run 166 X12.5 at the stock voltage.

High temps are not uncommon for a barton i hear. Full load a lot of people get in the high 40's low 50's. 60 seems a bit high though.

Yea mine runs at 48celcius at idle its OCed 200mhz do you think OCing another 200mhz would make it run to hot? probably be around 55celcius idle at 2200mhz

I dont think it would necessarily be that high. For 200mhz i would add a couple degrees but not that much. Long as you have a good HS and fan plus caseflow it should be ok. The major problem you will most likely find is going over 200 fsb. A friend of mine has a barton 3200+ on an A7N8X board and he cant get it past 203fsb without instability. Since you have a 2500+ i would say you have a better chance of going over 200. Do it really slowly though.

I'm now the proud owner of a Biostar M7NCD Pro also :)

my computer would also register my xp2000+ as a 2400+ if i overclocked it past the 1.9ghz range on my old MB...

Got mine RMAed after a mosfet fried. Installing it as we speak into its new watercooled home..

I just got a new PC with this Mobo. It was suposed to come with an Abit but from what I have read the Biostar is equivalent so I won't complain. I have not got into Oc'ing my new rig yet. Could some one give me a quick lowdown on doing so with this mobo?

you dont have any specs so cant tell you much
if you give us some idea of what you got ,
cpu, ram,etc,it would be easier to help.
oc it slowly,5mhz at a time.hit problems raise the vcore
set the nb volts to 1.7/1.8 . make sure your nb hs+fan
are set up with AS3.this board needs good cooling
get xtra fans.run prime 95 each time you oc to make
sure its stable,also helps to burn in the ram+cpu.run your mb monitor at the same time as prime 95 to keep an eye
on your temps.

Back