• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UK's best overclocking website goes down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

will_maltby

Yeah, just noticed this, but it looks like what (in my opinion) was the UK's best overclocking and watercooling online store (theoverclockingstore.co.uk) has gone down;

http://www2.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/

They didn't have the widest watercooling section for UK sites, but they were by FAR the cheapest for anything (heatsinks, pumps, you name it). Other UK sites charge more and then charge about 7 quid for delivery on top of that (overclocking store was always free delivery for everything).

I hope it's only temporary but I think it's gone forever.

Overclockedpc also went down a while ago as well;

http://www.overclockedpc.co.uk/

Looks like watercooling in the UK just isn't popular enough.

im sorry to hear that..i don't live in the uk but i'd imagine its as devastating as if newegg went down in the states...there would be a lot of unhappy people out there...mostly people from this forum....and if this forum went down....newegg wouldn't do so well either...lol

Enyo said:
www.over-clock.co.uk .. whats wrong with them?

They charge alot more and then charge you about 7 pounds on top of that for delivery. I got my innovatek kit from them, but I certainly paid for the privilage. I paid about £43 for my eheim pump with free delivery from the overclockingstore, yet over at www.over-clock.co.uk they charge £50 for it plus delivery charge of £7 making it £57.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. I'll certainly miss the site.

:( I will certainly miss the place, bought from them in the past quiet a few times.

Last edited:
Thats too bad, it seems they are scarce over there. And oh the pain and agony if newegg was no more. OOOOOOHHHHHH that would not be a good thing, no more refurbs, no more low prices, no easy returns. Oh the nightmares! :)

Know how you feel will_maltby, i was gonna order my 1250 today as it's a good deal and found they'd closed, just when i had money too. I'm really disappointed i may have to settle for a hydor for more money at over-clock i'm not dissing them but you can't beat such a good deal at theoverclockingstore.

Later

As i said i used to live in the UK LOL
iv bought from Teckheads and Ebuyer as will as overclockers.com
a friend(brit) still buys from scan
Borgy

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at overclockedpc.co.uk Port 80

Borgy

Back