• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whoops...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Renigade

I needed to drain the water from my t-line and put more in with new UV dye, so I had to push my t-line down and through a loop of tubing (its too long, dont ask). In the process I made the front part of my water pump come off, draining all the tubes of water and making my computer into a kiddy pool. Luckily I had the pump unplugged and the computer off.

Then I dried everything in my computer and had a huge industrial fan blow in it to make sure it was dry, and it caught wind of the front cover of my case (chieftec) and made it fall to the ground. Since the front of my computer weighs like 10 lbs, it ripped my power on button cord from the button, and now I have to solder it back on.

I am waiting to solder it back on and I decide to add the water dye (Rit Whitener and Brightener). I put in way too much so now it is creamy colored and Im sure it will bring my temps up by like 2 degrees. UGH.

It glows REALLY bright though :D

lmao...sorry to hear about ur problems...but just the thought of all these problems happening simultaniously makes me think of the three stooges

Hehe, I know your pain with the putting in too much stuff. I did the same with a different cooler additive and it turned into a foamy latte looking stuff coursing through the tubes =/ Oh well, live and learn :)

Great news! Once all the bubbles were bled from the system it looks near clear. Its still a little creamy but its OK for me. Temps not affected :D . To get around not having a power button I just touch the two wires together hehe.

I crapped my pants at first when I turned it on b/c the pump was running for about 5 hours bleeding the system while I let it dry. I forgot the pump heats up the water a lot and booted her up and saw the CPU was at 48C idle! :eek: But she dropped back down to normal temps. Yay!

But STILL, I didnt feel like working on my computer yesterday, but now b/c it glows so well Im picking up another 2 UV tubes and some UV fans and Im gonna light this puppy up :p

Glad to hear after all your touble, and all the mess nothing (expect the power button) was damaged. I have had my share of "accidents" with my water cooling and sometimes they can be pricey accidents. Consider yourself lucky...

Back