• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

small free program to check temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i use speedfan, its small, its free, and it checks temps
no skullbreaking configurations required (i tried switching to MBM once, but i got lazy when i saw the config screen :p)

Kino said:
i use speedfan, its small, its free, and it checks temps
no skullbreaking configurations required (i tried switching to MBM once, but i got lazy when i saw the config screen :p)

Speedfan doesn't work on all MB's though...MBM5 does...Speedfan wont work on my A7N8X Deluxe...just gives me the HD temp...

Another vote for MBM, even though it gives between 5°-10°C lower than what my hardware sensor gives me.

Kino said:
oh well, after seeing it working on my cheap p4 mobo (made by Amptron) i tought i would work on every mobo on earth

Its nice to use with MBM5 though...since MBM wont read the HD temps...

glock19owner said:

Speedfan doesn't work on all MB's though...MBM5 does...Speedfan wont work on my A7N8X Deluxe...just gives me the HD temp...
I love my Speed Fan on my Dell Laptop also called fanGUI for the laptopers but on my dualy its a no go and I have to use the one that came with my board :( if you want to give it a try heres the link http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Mico said:
MBM doesn't run on all mobo's, by the way. It does not work on mine (Biostar M7NCD Pro) :( :(

You sure...it runs on my firends Biostar...only givea the CPU temp and CPU Mhz though...

Back