• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help cooling rig...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TwoGun

Before I start carving, which method would cool temps better for this setup:

1. Cut hole (120mm Fan) in side of case and blow the air on CPU+S/B+RAM area of Mobo (HSF=SLK-900 w/ 92mm or 80 mm Tornado blowing down on Heatsink)

2. Same as above, but reverse airflow to off Heatink and 120mm to exhaust/out

3. Do a Duct Mod to the rear exhaust and:
a) Blow out (just Tornado, no exhaust)
b) Suck air in (just Tornado, no exhaust)
c) 92mm Tornado blowing on a 80mm Tornado (on the HS)
d) 92mm Tornado blowing out a 80mm Tornado (on the HS)

Have PC6085A w/ 2 front std 80mm (in)/1 top 80mm Tornado (out)/1 side 80mm at card level (in) and 1 rear std 80mm (out) & slot cooler (out)...

Currently, idle @ 38/load up to 51!! CFM's in the case are balanced for getting hot air out (per fan rating's). Want to get to 3.5 GHz but keeping freezing up past 3.3 Ghz...if I could drop temps another 5, I should pull it off!!

Option 1 sounds to me to be the best of the three. I wouldn't recommend mounting the fan on the heatsink such that it blows air away from it (pulls through).

Thank's Fletch...learned from another forum that the SLK-900 was designed to have fan blow down on it not pull away....

any other opinions on maximum cooling??

Back