• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman Fanless HD Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like jst the thing for a mad scientist. The results are impressive too. Only thing is, do I really need a hard drive cooler?

It is my personal belief if you used every passive cooler in existance at the same time your computer would explode.

There would be a "Zalman Overload" so to speak, and everything would burn out. Your computer would suddenly ooze that trademark false-gold aluminum, and all would be lost....

-Jeff

Fuzzbeaner said:
It is my personal belief if you used every passive cooler in existance at the same time your computer would explode.

There would be a "Zalman Overload" so to speak, and everything would burn out. Your computer would suddenly ooze that trademark false-gold aluminum, and all would be lost....

-Jeff

Simply not true. Just make sure your case has quite a few holes (if no fans).

I wish I could use one of these on my big 15k RPM SCSIs... They're double the size of a regular ATA drive, so kinda defeats the purpose..

Also, what about the bottom? Thats probably the most overlooked feature on Zalman's Part.

Fuzzbeaner said:

-Jeff
What was that? really, I have no clue why you posted that.

Anyway it looks like an awesome cooler.:D

Wow, I've got absolutely NO CLUE what I was talking about. I guess it was late, and it made sence at the time. Really, I thought it did....

Anyways, my apologies for that krazy post.

I have a dual 40 MM HDD cooler, and I can tell you it does absolutely nothing. Worst fifteen bucks I've speant since Pogs.

-Jeff

Back