• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Choosing a Motherboard..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FLyingHamster

Well, it's come time for me to upgrade, thnx to my friend. he should be buying some of my stuff in about a week. he's buying my 8k3a+ for $80, my old 1800+ for $50, and OCZ Dominator II for $15. (Im trying to get him to buy my Maxtor 60gb hdd too). anyways, that leaves me with $145 to buy a mobo with, cuz everything else I still have. I dont really wanna shell out the whole 145 bucks on one mobo, so just keep that in mind. Im tryin to get one under $100.

What motherboard is better do u think? the NFS-7 or 8RDA+? Or are there others that are better? I hope u guys have heard of the 8RDA+ lol. I'm going to be overclocking quite a bit, but I do care more about stability than speed. So which one is more stable?

So just let me know what u guys think. Links are welcome too. Thanks and hope to hear soon..

I can't make any particular suggestion, but I can suggest a very good website all about AMD boards, and chipsets, you might already know about it, but just in case you don't the website is Amdboard.com

This place has helped me make a choice for a newboard...well, that is if I had the money :D Anyway, hope this helps some.

I can only tell you of my experience with the 8RDA line of boards
I havn't had a problem with either my 8RDA+ or non plus boards
both overclock very well and are very stable. Their are some who have had problems with them but I can only say good things about them. I have used them in several of my friends rigs and all are fast reliable and stable. :)

I suggest the Abit NFS-7. I am using the Gigabyte and am unhappy with the o/c'ing. I plan on using this one too.
Don't forget a good psu, hs and memory. These are probably the most important thing's for o/c'ing.

Good luck.

You probably can't go wrong with either of those boards. Still the nf7-s rev 2.0 seems to be the top dog right now.

I've had Epox boards from the 266 models and each step to the 400A and wouldn't consider any another manufacturer , until....................well, check my signature and the signatures of the other people thats been overclocking awhile. Hard package to beat

I've had Epox boards from the 266 models and each step to the 400A and wouldn't consider any another manufacturer , until....................well, check my signature and the signatures of the other people thats been overclocking awhile. Hard package to beat

Back