• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal Paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NcBaller1985

Would someone please post some pics of a CPU properly coated with Artic Silver 3. I would like to see some so that I can make sure I am applying it correctly. If you have no pics, then is there a website that shows it???? Thanks.

I already looked at that...I have a lapped Swiftech MX400 and I want to see what a THIN layer looks like. The 2-5 degree difference matters to me!!!! :)

I would think that Arctic Silver would know how to best use their own products. FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS!!! I did and it lowered my temps 5C vs. the normal stock phase change pad. You will know how thick a layer you need. A rule of thumb is that you shouldn't be able to see any of the die color, but you should not have it much thicker than that. Use a credit card or something similar to apply it.

Back