• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump w/ least EM emission

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I currently have a maxi-jet 1200. But I now would like to get rid of my reservoir. So I'm looking at getting a hydor, eheim, or danner, (or something else good you suggest).

I AM going to keep my computer dirrectly to the right of my monitor. about 8" away. My maxi-jet wobbles my screen quite abit when I have the refresh rate at anything over 65ish hz. So I'm worried what one of these pumps will do. I want to run my monitor at 75hz, and I really don't want to make any ghetto shielding (it has to look good).

So do you think any of these pumps will do what I want? Which do you suggest? I want fairly quiet, very reliable, last me 5 years, not terrible EM stuff, and I don't want to pay more just for a name brand (ehiem in SOME ways, but it IS the best pump I guess).

I'm willing to shell out for an ehiem if it is already shielded good enough.

Would like to order the pump ASAP so I can get going on some LAN PARTIES!!

so i'm assuming that you have a window kit or somthing right?

a simple metal plate is needed between the pump and ur monitor, thats all...

and also a power filter might be needed....

and also, if you got the money, get a eheim... they tend to be better pumps in general.... if not, then go dannar, or one of the more reliable ones,...

Danner will wobble your screen like CRAZY. I had to move my machine to the floor. Even at 2' away I would notice a bit with my old monitor.

--Illah

would i have to worry about a danner em emmision with the pump in a res in a box located under the case...even if it was near the monitor?....the case would be metal....

I'm pretty sure metal stops it. If your res is metal you should be OK. Plastics and whatnot don't do a thing to stop EM.

--Illah

My Ehiem1250 is about 18" maybe 2 feet from my monitor, and never noticed a wobble. Im at 1280x1024 85Hz(Philips 109b). I dont actually have a window in my window hole at the moment.

Yes I have a windows, but I am under the impression that aluminum dosn't do jack for EMI. I thought it has to be a magnetic metal or tin.

just took my cover off(not that it mattered) and pushed my case over to the monitor as close as possible. Measuring 10 1/2"(to the 1250), no wobble.

NP bro,

I have seen my monitor wobble. When I was O/Cing my 9700p I placed a small house fan pointing at my case(between the case, and monitor) sat down, and wobble city!

I think if you even have to consider the question, you've got your tower way to close to it to begin with. =D

Anyways. Grounded steel plate should solve it for you.

I have an eheim 1048 (says made in w. germany on the side... hehe). Anyway... THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS.

I thought my monitor was messing up. Then i noticed how close my pump was.

Yes, the eheim has wicked em emissions. I had to set my case about... about the length of a bic pen away from my monitor. Thats not really far away (from window to monitor).

You said 8 inches? Yeah, that should do it for an eheim.

i once set a house fan on top of my monitor to get some fumes out of the room because i was glueing something with ultra toxic glue....and the monitor was wobbling like crazy....i couldn't figure out what it was until i shut the fan off

Back