• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

40 mm fan on P4P800 Dlxe NB heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metalliphreak1

Registered
a. could you just attach it with super glue or hot glue? would hot glue melt if temps got too high (not as likely with fan)?

b. the fan has a 3 pin connector, all of the connections for such a fan are taken up on the mb, and my enermax PSU d/n have a connector for it. any ideas?

Im also not sure how to attach my 40mm fan on my nb , this would be helpful infor if anyone would help. However your psu does not have a free molex connection?

You could always rewire your fan to a 4pin molex for your psu.

maybe i'm not clear on what the name of the connector is; it's a connector just like the cpu fan connector, 3 holes on the plug

ya just caught it off the tip re-expose the wires and solder it to a spare 4 pin molex, or just put the wires into a 4 pin molex in the psu. I believe that can be done.

Welcome to the forums!!!

NB_fan.jpg

I used a hotglue gun. They're pretty cheap (under $5) and not as permanent as superglue.

There should be 2 extra headers for 3 pin fans on the motherboard besides the cpu fan header. If you're using both of them, you can get a 3pin to 4pin connector.

-Bobby

Bobby said:
Welcome to the forums!!!

NB_fan.jpg

I used a hotglue gun. They're pretty cheap (under $5) and not as permanent as superglue.

There should be 2 extra headers for 3 pin fans on the motherboard besides the cpu fan header. If you're using both of them, you can get a 3pin to 4pin connector.

-Bobby

hot glue, there is no way that will melt from the heat of it?

Back