• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

13x mult on k7n2delta turns into 5 at restart?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Esahki

Registered
is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it? whenever i set the multiplier on my board to 13x, it boots at 5x... i've tried raising the voltage on the cpu (was guessing it might have been a non-post default), but that didnt change anything. also is there a way to get the multiplier higher than 13x?

so how would i unlock it? im using a amd xp1700+ (JIUHB... DLT3C) and the msi k7n2 delta. should i just return the board and exchange it for another that comes with a higher multiplier available directly from bios? i know there are ABIT boards that go much higher than 13.

Abit would overclock and have more multi but you can always connect pins to change the defalt multiplier. This site will help you out a bit

LOL thanks 7keys thats the site i was talking about but i guess i forgot to post the link, you will have that when GF is nagging you to get off computer :D

thanks guys... that helped a lot! hopefully now i can hit 2.5ghz with my msi... seems like an awful lot of trouble though to switch around every time i wanna change the multi. think i should just get another board? if so what do you recommend?

What I did was blow the 2nd 3rd and 5th L3 bridge on my 1700+ to give me a 14 multiplier. I then had all the upper multip[liers. The problem then is you don't have the lower multipliers any more.

I would flash the lattest bios for that board first.

All XP2000+ and lower rated tbred cpus will be unlocked from the factory, allowing multipliers 5-12.5 to be adjusted in the bios of ANY MOTHERBOARD that support the processor and have multiplier selection.

All XP2100+ and higher processors will be unlocked from the factory for multipliers 13-18.5 on ALL MOTHERBOARDS that support these processors. In order to adjust the 5-12.5 multipliers on the XP2100+ and higher processors you need to join the 5th/right-most L3 bridge.

so getting a new motherboard wont help with the multiplier problem.

Back