• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 high temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natgas

As one of the initial owners of the first IC7, I have followed the temp issues with interest for the past 3 months; while others seems to also have the "higher" idle temps that I do, I would like some help with regards to how fast and high my cpu temp climbs when opening programs; my idle temp is usually between 41 and 43; however, when I run any program, the temp climbs swiftly (within 10-20 seconds) to about 60-68 and my system fans start whining like a jet; as soon as I close a program, the fans return to their normal (yet loud) state! I have a Spark 7 (lapped), as3 and have removed/redone it several times; also I have 4 other case fans (2 in/2 out); doesn't seem to make a difference about these since I have stopped them-one at a time- and there is no change in temps; my "system" temp is usually around 23 for what that is worth; all temps are reported by both MBM5 and HWDr.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Back