• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus pc probe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steven4563

is the reading that far off in asus pc probe it says my cpu temp is at 52C full load

if anyone knows how far it reads off or is that the right temp ??

Check the temp in the bios (hardware monitor) and MBM5.
You'll get a better idea of what your temp is.

The temp read from PC Probe matches up to the socket temp sensor (sensor 1) in Motherboard monitor 5 on my system. There was about an 8C difference between the two when I was air cooling. Now it's closer to 4C watercooled.

ive got 2 2700rpm fans bring cold air in and ive got one case fan sucking out and then plus the psu one

i think i need to lap my V9

hmmmmm

Cherrypoot,

Regarding our conversation on another thread about my high temps. What utility are you using to read your temps?

Asus Probe tells me I'm at:

Idle/Load
CPU 36C/40C
MB 28C/30C

MBM5 tells me I'm at:

Iddle/Load
Socket 36C/40C
Diode 42C/51C
Case 28C/30C

I did take everything apart today and lapped my heatsink. I managed to lower everything by 10-11C which helps a great deal.

^Hawk^

well im not gonna lap my V9 now im looking to buy a slk-800 or a sk-7 and i might go with the sk-7 coz its only £22 and not £44 like the slk-800

Yes there's actually 3 TEmperatures..

MBM reads all 3
the highest TEmp is suppose to be ON DIE TEMP

the second highest one (a few degrees lower than the highest one) is the in SOCKET TEMP

and the lowest temp is the MOBO TEMP

Asus probe only reads SOCKET TEMP and MOBO TEMP

BIOS only reads ON DIE TEMP

and like i said before you can set MBM to read all 3

my pc probe is 10 deg higher then the digital thermometer @ the bottom of my CPU!

well, i replaced my thermaltake volcano 10+ hs/f w/ a cooler master aero 7+, now my bios and probe are about the same, w/ +/- 1c variance, i used the fan from the volcano and modded to the stock northbridge h/s(4800rpm, hehehe), and i put a heatsink on the southbridge, probe and bios read exactly same temp on mobo, and it dosn't deviate from 28c, cpu idle 37c, load 47c, all w/ current vcore of 1.825

Back