• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman7000cu X SLK900U

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FastMHZ

Registered
Guys,

Wich one to choose ?

Best performance with a low noise cooler, using a 92mm fan.

What about Zalman7000alcu ? Is it any good ?

I've got an slk-900, and it can go as quiet or as loud as you want.

the zalman works well, but it only compatible with Intel.

Do you want silence or performance? The Zalman is a really nice heatsink, and nearly silent while the SLK won't be as good under silent operation, but will kill the Zalman with a tornado strapped on.

Get a smartfan2 for the SLK-900. It allows for adhustable speed and henceforth adjustable volume.

Works great for me :cool:

One caveat though: the SLK-900 doesn't fit well on all boards, theres a list I believe on Thermalright's website (correct me if I'm wrong) of boards that might be a problem -- and of course mine's on there :rolleyes: . It did fit after forcing it down and bending a few capcitors a bit but I wish I had checked first anyway.

it does, but it is supposed to work with all intel boards, and i assumed he was looking at intel becuase sandman already said zalmans only work with intel (alhtough i thought that there were adaptors for an AMD board). Here is a linky for the AMD compatibility problems.

EDIT: one more thing, if you are going to get an 80mm fan why get the 900U? just a question ive always wondered.

you can easily mod a zalman to fit any 80, 92 fan.........but i'm just using stock and i'm happy

how...? cut up a fan, and then mount it in there? many people have talked about this, but iv never seen it done.

stan03 said:
how...? cut up a fan, and then mount it in there? many people have talked about this, but iv never seen it done.

"The zalman fan bracket is held by two screws on each side of the HS. if you decide to mod DO NOT remove the hexagonal style screws as they hold the entire design. The fan its self is held in place by two screws also. So what i did was glue the fan on the flat surface the fan was on. Which is rock hard so i have no fear of it falling off. "

Back