• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling temps...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PalominoBURN

http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/skotyzx2/ Look at these pics if you haven't already and help me figure out why my temps on my WC set-up are not staying under 45C on load. There must be a weak point somewhere.

I got 1/2ID tubing, Dangerden MAZE 3 (LAPPED NICELY to 1500GRIT), I reseated it 5 times, I have black Ice radiator, 2X120MM fans, withb homemade shroud on both sides to reduce dead space, and a Eheim 1048 pump with res top mounted. OK I am running a solution of 4 OZ WaterWetter to 1 gallon Distilled Water.
Now keep in mind I am overclocked (166X15) =2500MHZ @ 1.9V)
The reason I feel i have a heat issue is because my friend has a JIUHB CPU and he is aircooling and his temps are lower then mine!! However he is only at 1.6V could this be the reason? Room temps were very much the same at about 75F. Help me out guys.

IS it my pump? or my radiator? or what else?

Probably cuz its AMD. :p

just kidding. Dont worry about the temps, they're fine. At stock 2.4 GHz, I would pass 63C according to my MB, when I WCed, it doesnt go higher than 49C. It dropped it 14C, thats all that matters. Your mobo sensor is probably off.

Also one thing Ive learned, if youre running stable at speeds that make you happy, dont worry about your temps, youre stable! (As long as it doesnt go above like 55C).

Also, what kind of difference in temps are you getting idle/load?

How are you monitoring your temps? Use MBM 5 and run Prime95 for a few hrs and get a definite max for your temps, like 40 idle, 49 load or something.

Anyways, it seems that your temps are fine, my guess is that your mobo reads the temps a little high.

I know this will sound stupid, but I have seen things like this happen so who knows? Make sure to use the KISS method...Keep It Simple, Stupid! I have to remind myself of that all the time.

Now, not saying that this is your issue, but it wouldn't hurt to verify the simple things first. Like making sure that you have the fans both going the proper way and not fighting each other since you have one on each side of the rad. Also, I couldn't tell anything about your res except that it is up above the power supply. Is there part of the case or something blocking the res from the P/s or can the head rising from the P/s hit the res? Probably wouldn't make a lot of difference, but could be some if it isn't blocked form the p/s. All I can think to check but best of luck.

i think you're on to something with having the res right above the psu...try moving the res to a lower point in the case or possibly getting rid of it all together...if you have a good heatercore with 120mm push pull you should be ok without a res.....the res might be letting the psu add heat to the water.

umm,, back on air my cpu temps were 43c idle, 47c full load and dropped probably 4-7c after, try running air again if you can and see if your watercooled temps arn't lower than that,, if so you atleast know it's doing it's job,, if the WC'ed temps aren't lower than the aircooled temps on the same machine, then your Water system has got a weak link in there somewhere,,,

like the guys said, if it's stable and your happy don't worry about it...
good luck..

Back