• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe and JIUHB.....?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sbdjaro

I have the A7N8X and i just got a 1700+ JIUHB stepping in the mail today. I am only able to get it to 1.9 ghz, at 2 or higher it just wont boot. I have my xms2700 ram set at 166. I have tried everything i know of to get it to boot higher, but it wont... Whats goin on?

Last edited:
What is the week on it? How much voltage are you feeding it? What kind of cooling do you have on it? Is your A7N8X-Deluxe a revision 2.0? What BIOS version are you using? Sorry for the barrage of questions ;) I have a JIUB 0319 in my A7N8X Deluxe and I have gotten it as high as 2400 MHz with no trouble (200 x 12) - You *should* be able to get it at least up to 2 GHz without any fidlling or trouble if you have decent cooling on it.

As an aside: if you really don't want that Voodoo 5 you have please contact me via PM or email ( [email protected] ) - I would love to buy it! ;)

Last edited:
Definetly post the CPU stepping...that will make the biggest difference...in telling if it is a CPU issue or MB issue (settings)...

The week, ill have to check. I am giving it 1.65 volts. I have a Volcano7 HS and a low RPM fan. My MB is a Rev 2.0. And the BIOS ver ill check...

With the voltage - maybe you have an unlucky chip or a poor performing week. Crank the Vcore all the way up to 1.75 and see how high you can clock it. My guess is somewhere in the 2200 MHz range. It seems likely to me that your week (whatever it is) might not be as voltage "friendly" as some others - a good indication of this is the CPU Database, look at all the other T-Bred 1700s with a clock speed similar to the one you are running at and then look at the Vcore voltages on them. If your Vcore is somewhere in the high end of the range - but not at the very top or above the very top - you can be pretty sure that there is no "problem", just a "unlucky" or poor performing chip.

I know that my chip usually falls roughly into the bottom (lowest Vcore) 25% of the range. You have to take the CPU database with a grain of salt of course.

Here is exactly what my cup says....

AXDA1700DUT3C
JIUHB 0312WPMW

Bios:

AwardBIOS V6.00PG

and ACPI BIOS Rev 1003
(what ever one works)

AXDA1700DUT3C
JIUHB 0312WPMW

The chip that you have is not a DLT3C, although I (in my very limited knowledge mind you) haven't heard of a "DUT3C" T-Bred Chip I know that the chips so many people are having very good results with are mostly DLT3C chips - I think that that is probably your explanation.

Might I ask you what the stock Vcore for your chip is? You might want to feed it some more Vcore (temperature permitting of course) and shoot for a 2200 MHz O/C (200 x 11). I know that I run mine at 2300 (1.725 Vcore) and am very happy with it (I can't hit 2400 MHz stable without doing a Vcore volt-mod... :( )

It also might be worth your time to upgrade your BIOS to ASUS' newest release, version 1005. I (again, it is my opinion and other people have had great results with the UBER BIOSs) do not reccommend the Homemade UBER BIOSs as I have had some terrible experiences with them getting corrupted really easily for some reason.

Good Luck!

- felinusz

I've seen alot of dut3c reach 2.2ghz, but with a high vcore. My old chip did that with 1.85v. Just set the vcore to max then back down until your computer restarts.

I did 2.08ghz with dut3c chip and A7N8X dex
It did boot at 2.2ghz but needed better cooling to be stable
nothing's going on, just that's what you get from dut3c

Im also thinging it could be a PS problem, i have an old 300W i pulled from my old case that was running a Slot A 650. I was able to getinto windows at 2.2ghz but when i did a cold boot it wouldent boot. My ram is at 200mhz now (100% of FSB) and a mult of 9.5. The stock voltage is 1.6v (i thought they were all 1.5v... guess not). I am now running it at 1.65v.

A new power supply would really help you. And assuming you have a good heatsink, you can crank up that voltage and definitely get some more overclock out of it.

Back