• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have u not seen the darklord overclocking thing in "overclocking" info on this site!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

Have u not seen the darklord overclocking thing in "overclocking" info on this site!

The darklord overclocking guide to creating the ultimate gaming machine amzaed me!! this dude got 22c IDLE and 29c with 3d mark 2001!! Is this true or has he just been using MS paint ;)!! I say that becasue every1 on this forum is going on about slk-900 etc! i am looking for a new heatsink and fan to do some real overclocking but i really cant make my mind up!! Also is that darklord guide true....if so can any1 do it??

Welcome To The Forums!!!!!

.....and to the addiction:eek:

How about a link to that article? It would be hard to comment on something we havent read but with all things on the internet be very careful what you believe in. The links above will help you enter the world of overclocking & to understand more clearly how to cool your 'puter. Read all the info linked to & enjoy your stay.

Can you link me to the guide you are referencing? I'm not familiar with it.

Cpu temps depend on room air temp, CPU settings and architecture, case and CPU cooling. The temps are realistic temperatures.

Maybe these rankings will help you decide on a new HSF:

www.overclockers.com/articles373

Welcome to the forums! Good to have you with us. :)

EDIT:

Here is a link to the article he is referencing:

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1060/

I found the article by using these search terms and commands for those interested (It comes in handy):

"darklord site:www.overclockers.com"

As sonny said, it is always a good idea to read articles with a healthy bit of skepticism and analyze what people say to help determine the truth. You are generally fairly safe however when reading articles on OC.com. :)

Last edited:
While thats a good article and Oc... its a bit outdated. I wouldnt recommend much of what that computer was built with if you were going to make an "ultimate gaming machine" today.

Yes but im more for the cpu temp that he got hehe!! his pc wasnt the best but he did improve it alot!!

the cpu temps on that artical are all that im intersted in :)

Is this the best im going to get then?? ill check them out please keep checking here im sure ill have more questions you have been alot of help :D

We are losing the plot here! Wot i really want to know is whether that darklord artical is going to work for me :) this is becouse one that heat sink in my view is not the best on the market by far!! secondly he says that an extra fan takes off 20c now this is madness surely :p hehe!! could i use the same method as he has but with a skl 900??

Back