• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

godda** registry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

Does ANYONE know why the hell my registry keeps corrupting? It's F#$@$% up 4 times in like 20 hours so far. I did 2 or 3 reformats because when a repair on the registry and system restore is done, it just messes everything up and doesn't load drivers, makes old profiles invalid, etc. It happens almost every damn time I change the frickin fsb even 1mhz. This last time it corrupted, all I did was change the multiplier from 10.5 to 11. I'm thinking its this 8RDA+ I bought at Frys Electronics (AKA remanufactured city). Can anyone please shed some light on this subject? I'm about to order a new abit nf-7s v2, because I'm sick of this and the other problems the epox has given me.

How are your IDE cables? New? Previously enjoyed?
What are they rated at? ATA33/66/100/133?

Your hard drive might be running too fast, and thrashing your registry. A friend of mine had the same problem. He was running an ATA33 hard drive, and the board was pushing it at ATA66. It just ended up thrashing his data every few days.

The one I'm using for the hard drives came with the epox I bought a few months ago. I'll try to give it one more chance with a new ide cable and see what happens.

my registry got corrupted frequently from having my memory timings set too aggressively.

I was using 2 3 3 12 at the time. I'm wondering if timings less aggressive than that would negate the fsb+mem sync overclock.

Hmmm it got corrupted again, but it recovered itself from a backup. This was making the ram timings 2.5 5 5 11. :\

Back